AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
The automotive supply chain for manufacturing trucks, cars, tractors, off-the-road vehicles etc. is one of the most complex in the world and involves lots of factors that makes the entire supply chain challenging to manage. With globalization, it is more economical to manufacture vehicles but it is more complex too manage supply chain involved in the process of manufacturing. Ash Logistics is well known name in the Automotive Supply Chain Industry with proven record of managing complex supply chains for leading domestics and multi-national companies and we are best Automotive Supply Chain Management Company
AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Ash Logistics is well known name in the Automotive Supply Chain Industry with proven record of managing complex supply chains for leading domestics and multi-national companies and we are best Automotive Supply Chain Management Company
Below points highlights the factors which makes automotive supply chain more complex:
- Sourcing of components, sub-assemblies from multiple sources and geographies
- Demand forecasting
- SKD / CKD assemblies
- Seasonal or varying demand
- Variety of products and thus large SKUs to meet spare parts demand for products
- Regulations for export-import
- Managing buffer inventory to meet fluctuating demand
- Make to order to keep inventory level minimum – Just In Time (JIT) and lean manufacturing
- Unexpected /unforeseen changes in the technology for manufacturing
- Yard management for vehicles
- Automotive In-plant logistics for JIT
Ash Logistics offers below world class supply chain services to automotive industry:
AUTOMOTIVE 3PL / AUTOMOTIVE 4PL
Ash Logistics has vast experience in managing complex automotive supply chains as 3PL / 4PL. Our competitive services mainly warehousing, transportation and EXIM offers stable & lean automotive supply chain management with experienced professional staff and advanced technology backbone.
AUTOMOTIVE YARD MANAGEMENT
Finished assembled vehicles from factory require yard till its dispatch to dealer or customer. We at Ash Logistics has expertise in developing as well as operating yards for automotive industry. We offer below world-class services for automotive yard management:
- Systematic Layout planning for varied types of vehicles parking
- Multiple yards development & operational management at various geographical locations for optimised distribution planning on leased / rental basis
- Body parts / colour / texture protection of vehicles in yard
- Security, safety & other similar measures to protect vehicles in yard
- Skilled, experienced and motivated staffing for daily operations like skilled drivers, technicians, clerks, managers etc.
- 5S implementation and sustenance
- Maintenance & cleaning facility for vehicles
- Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) facility
- Advanced & up-to-date IT System to manage yard operations
- Advanced RFID solution for real time inventory visibility and tracking of vehicles locations
- Space utilisation – horizontal as well as vertical if possible depend on type of vehicle
- Loading – unloading facilities
- Strong operational review mechanism & reporting to control all activities related to warehousing
AUTOMOTIVE IN-PLANT LOGISTICS
In-plant logistics covers movements of goods within the manufacturing/processing plant. Movements includes raw materials movement from receipt to intermediate storage, components and sub-assemblies - either to or from stocking points or line-sides, for turning into finished goods, as well as bringing finished products out to the factory gate or intermediate storage for dispatch outside factory. In-plant Logistics also covers intra-unit movement for goods (raw/semi-finished/finished) also.
Ash Logistics has proven partner for many leading automotive companies’ in-plant logistics. We offer below services in In-plant logistics management:
- Components / sub-assemblies / assemblies inward movement including unloading of material from vehicle, inspection
- Washing / cleaning of bins, storage equipment etc.
- Yard management
- Issue of components for further processing on assembly lines (line feeding)
- Movement of semi-finished goods / components / sub-assemblies on line
- Movement of vehicles to PDI & dispatch location
- Consultancy in design of layout (SLP – Systematics Layout Planning) for material movement, storage and handling equipment and IT support to design and development of in-plant logistics system
- Movement of empty bins / pallets from line to feeling location either to raw material storage or previous stage of manufacturing or processing or outside factory.
- Dispatch management – invoicing, loading
- Kitting of the components as per requirement on assembly line
- Material handling equipment on hire-purchase or on monthly rent basis to reduce capital investment and maintenance cost (including specialised trained staff cost) of our customers.
- Labour management require for in-plant management
- Returnable assets management like pallets, bins, fixtures for movements, trays, trollies, tote bins etc.
- Binning of goods received at receipt
SPARE PARTS LOGISTICS
Challenges of complex Automotive Spare Parts supply chain such as high SKUs, low contribution margins, extensive distribution and low inventory turnover introduces solution of optimised storage & distribution. Decision of warehousing, inventory levels and distribution planning is very important to sustain profitability, maintain and grow market share in competitive market.
Ash Logistics Offers:
- Selection of warehouse location based on distribution plan and complete Automotive spare parts SCM consulting including design of warehouse facility, setting operational SOPs, suggestion w.r.t. improvements in current warehousing operations etc.
- Automated authentication & traceability of spare parts for accurate FIFO management.
- Warehouse binning locations planning to optimise space utilisation.
- Advance and fully / semi-automatic material handling equipment to save labour cost like – ASRS(Automatic Storage & Retrieval System), AGV(Auto Guided Vehicles), Reach Truck, Forklifts, HPT(Hand Pallet Trucks), semi-automatic conveyors for packing, printing and dispatches. We offer these equipment on hire-purchase or on monthly rent basis to reduce capital investment and maintenance cost (including specialised trained staff cost) of our customers.
- Design & installation of optimised racks system on rental basis
- Full/partial automation in binning, packaging and loading/unloading to reduce material handling time and cost.
- Effective Warehouse Management System (WMS) for demand planning, inventory optimisation and distribution planning.
- Immediate WMS information flow to upstream & downstream for quick decision making in fluctuating demand market.
- Advanced analytics to support world class spare parts warehousing operations.
- 3PL/4PL services to manage customer's entire warehouse activities.
- Strong operational review mechanism & reporting to control all activities related to warehousing.
- 5S implementation along with Kaizen.
AUTOMOTIVE - TRANSPORTATION
Scalability and the capacity to meet seasonal demand at right time are essential in a transportation partner for the automotive industry. Ash Logistics offers services that help improve efficiency all along the supply chain. As a 3PL partner with decades of experience, we have aligned our operations around transportation vertical to provide seamless services to the automotive industry. Whether you need finished vehicles transportation or FTL transportation for spares, components or sub-assemblies, we as a transportation partner to help with wide array of value added services in Automotive Transportationviz:
- Supported by own and hired fleet as per your need
- Specialized in movement of large quantum of cargo or freight as per Law
- We provide local and regional shipments as well nationwide shipments services
- Delivering consistent value to our existing all customers, we are trustworthy, reliable and leading service provider in this domain
- Assistance to decide type of carrier by our expert transport team
- Tracking of your consignments 24 by 7 through our Transport Management System (GPS / SIM)
- Extensive IT Network support for your FTL transportation including online billing, payment, PODs and other data backup for a year
- Reverse Logistics
- We also provide FTL service from India to Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh and vice-e-versa
- We are one of the leading logistics companies in India serving FTL services to national and multi-national steel companies across India
- 24 by 7 Online /offline order placement using Centralised Transport Desk (CTD)
- Online LR (Lorry Receipt) generation through our Centralised Transport Desk (CTD)Transport Management System (TMS)
- Visibility and reports for each movement of the shipment
- Definite transit schedule towards just in time delivery
- Opportunity to transport high value goods securely with our safe services
AUTOMOTIVE - EXPORT IMPORT (EXIM)
Automotive Export Import includes International transportation of trucks, cars, tractors, off-the-road vehicles, including spare parts, assemblies/sub-assemblies in the form of SKD or CKD and other relevant consumables. We are ready to answer Automotive EXIM SCM challenges with our vast network of international contacts and expert knowledge of the international freight forwarding. Our core services in Automotive EXIM includes:
AIR FREIGHT - IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
- Import Cargo Handling
- Export Cargo Handling
- Import and Export Cargo Consolidation
SEA FREIGHT - IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
- Full Container Load (FCL)
- Less than Container Load (LCL)
- Buyer Consolidation
- Direct & Transhipment service options
- Port to Port Services
We provide the following services:
- Guidance for Duty Benefits as per notifications.
- Customs documentation
- Examination of shipments.
- Customs Duty Payments.
- Customs clearance at all major CFS, Ports across India
- Carting/ receiving goods